- Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM; TSX:RIM) and Ticketmaster (NASDAQ:TKTM) today announced an agreement to more closely connect fans to live entertainment.
- RIM’s popular brand of BlackBerry® smartphones was exclusively designated as the “Official Smartphone of Ticketmaster.”
- With this agreement, Ticketmaster will move beyond the physical ticket to providing wireless, fan-friendly convenience with BlackBerry smartphones.
- BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to browse, search, and purchase tickets to live entertainment while on the go.
- Ticketmaster and RIM are developing an exclusive software application that allows BlackBerry smartphone users untethered access to browse and purchase tickets to the hottest shows, games and exhibits available on Ticketmaster.com, TicketsNow.com, and GetmeIn.com.
- Additionally, this agreement supports the digital-to-real media experience as BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to browse music then sample cuts, and purchase tickets to that live entertainment event.
- BlackBerry smartphone users can receive anytime, anywhere email alerts with news and information about upcoming music, family and sporting events.
- BlackBerry® Wallet users will also enjoy seamless access to their credit card and reward card information when purchasing through Ticketmaster on their BlackBerry smartphone..
- This agreement marks the first end-to-end mobile e-commerce solution for smartphone-based ticket purchasing in North America.
- The RIM-Ticketmaster agreement is exclusive to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- No other terms or conditions of this RIM – Ticketmaster agreement were disclosed.
- Life on BlackBerry just got cooler with Ticketmaster.
Did you enjoy this article?
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...