Just found out about a new and free application called VyMail (visual youmail) that allows you to sync your YouMail voicemails to listen right from your BlackBerry without having to make a phone call or log into the online service.
I just tried it out and it works great! One thing though, you need to format your number like this for it to work: XXX XXX-XXXX. No big deal, this is probably because of how you log into YouMail’s site, not because of the application’s formatting.
More about VyMail…
- The Verizon Storm 9530 OS version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 currently have a major flaw that doesn’t allow the phone to play through the speakerphone. If you are running this OS you’ll want to make sure that the default audio output is through the handset (Options->Play audio through, select ‘Handset’).
- There is no way to mark a message as “unread”. This is a limitation of YouMail itself.
- There are no notifications when you receive a new message. I am actively working on adding this feature, and it has top priority. In the meantime, you can setup YouMail to send you emails or text messages when you receive a voicemail, or check the application manually — it will still automatically sync — it just won’t send an active notification.
- Notification support and integration with message list (4.6+ OS version will be required for this because of API limitations. I’ll have to provide two separate versions once support for this is added)
- Integration with blackberry contacts
- Message grouping by date
- Callback menu options/buttons
- Ability to view other folders (Trash, Saved, Flagged, etc)
- More control over deletion (currently moves to your trash)
- Ability to move messages to other folders
- Localization support
Download: http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/ota/ (OTA)
More info: http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...