Some highlights from the press release:
- Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone, the thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry® smartphone to date, is available in Hong Kong.
- With an expansive multimedia feature-set, as well as advanced phone, email, messaging, organizer and web browser applications, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone makes it incredibly easy to connect with family, friends and co-workers, surf the net, take and view pictures, record* and watch video and listen to music.
- The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone will be available from 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited (PEOPLES), CSL and SmarTone-Vodafone from mid February. For more information on pricing and detailed service plans, please contact the respective carriers.
Read the full press release after the jump.
Thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone delivers features for both work and fun
Hong Kong – Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone, the thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry® smartphone to date, is available in Hong Kong. Powered by a 512MHz next generation processor, it packs quad-band EDGE support with built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g) and GPS in a refined, streamlined design weighing just 110 grams and measuring only 109mm x 60mm x 13.5mm.
With an expansive multimedia feature-set, as well as advanced phone, email, messaging, organizer and web browser applications, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone makes it incredibly easy to connect with family, friends and co-workers, surf the net, take and view pictures, record* and watch video and listen to music. This sleek, stylish and powerful smartphone delivers a well balanced mix of features for both work and fun.
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 comes with a 3.2 megapixel camera, including auto focus, image stabilization, digital zoom and flash. Consumers can take sharp, print-quality pictures to capture the moment and immediately send them to a friend or post them on the Internet through social networking sites like Facebook® or Flickr™. The smartphone’s microSD/SDHC expandable memory card slot supports up to 16GB per card, giving users plenty of storage that is easily interchangeable. Its dazzling 2.4 inch HVGA+ (480×360 resolution) light-sensing display makes pictures and videos come to life.
“The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone packs a wealth of functionality in a compact and refined design that looks and feels great,” said Norm Lo, Vice President, Asia Pacific at Research In Motion. “Its multimedia and messaging features help users stay connected and entertained, allowing them to make the most of their busy lifestyle at work and at play.”
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone also comes with the following features:
- Built-in GPS supporting BlackBerry® Maps – providing maps, step-by-step directions, and local searches – as well as other location-based applications
- Instant Messaging with BlackBerry® Messenger, Google® Talk, Windows Live Messenger™ and Yahoo!® Messenger
- Support for the Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones application, which enables fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility
- An advanced media player for music, video and pictures, including support for streaming audio and video
- An enhanced web browser that displays full HTML web pages quickly, for an excellent browsing experience on the go
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 5.5 hours of talk time and 15 days of standby time
- Preinstalled DataViz® Documents To Go®, enabling customers to easily edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on the smartphone
- Support for BlackBerry® Media Sync, giving users a simple way to sync iTunes® digital music collections with the smartphone**
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth® (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is supported on BlackBerry® Internet Service, giving users access to up to 10 supported work or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which enables push-based wireless access to email and other applications along with advanced security and IT administration within IBM® Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novell® GroupWise® environments.
Pricing & Availability
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone will be available from 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited (PEOPLES), CSL and SmarTone-Vodafone from mid February. For more information on pricing and detailed service plans, please contact the respective carriers.
* Video recording requires a microSD card.
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
About Research In Motion (RIM)
Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations around the world and include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. RIM is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...