Orangatame has released a beta update to their Twitter for BlackBerry application, TwitterBerry 0.9 Beta 1.
Keep in mind that this is a beta so you’re probably going to run into a few bugs here and there. One that I already noticed was that the LED blinks red even after you shut the application. At least that’s what happens on my Curve 8900.
- OS 4.2.1+: Includes improved TwitPic support. Look for the ‘Send to TwitterBerry’ menu in the Media application when viewing images. TwitPic uploads are sent over direct TCP connections, see ‘Connection Help’ in the Settings page
- OS 4.2.1+: TwitPic progress bar, to show the progress of the upload
- OS 4.3.0+: WiFi support for all connections
- Full tweets on the list screen. No need to click to open new tweets
- Improved network connectivity, adding support for WAP 2.0
- Hyperlink “@username” in tweets to visit their timeline
- Re-Tweet tweets from timelines or tweet views
- Optional HTTPS SSL support on all authenticated requests
- Background on close under ‘Configure’
- Multiple bug fixes
- New localizations: Portuguese
Common installation problems:
- Invalid Browser Detected
- I cannot install TwitterBerry: Error 403
- I cannot install TwitterBerry: Error 406
- Invalid username/password errors after installation
- BlackBerry Storm does not rotate to landscape mode
Big thanks to @DeFon for the heads up!