Found out about this application called Interlecta Translator, a BlackBerry application that can translate any text on your screen, in an SMS or Email.
- Easy to Use: Intuitive user interface with an option to choose between graphic and plain. Translate option is available in standard device context menus for quick access.
- Fast & Productive: The only software capable of translating 5000 words in one minute. Works with large texts as effortlessly as with short phrases or sentences.
- Lightweight: Between 200 KB and 300 KB, platform dependent. Minimum RAM usage, less than 500 KB storage space needed. May be installed on either auxiliary memory (memory card) or device memory.
- Cost-effective: Requires a minimal amount of internet traffic to work and will not accumulate huge traffic charges. Choice of internet connection type: Wi-Fi or Operator.
The languages in Interlecta Translator include Latin European languages, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese as well as rare languages including Pushtu, Tagalog, Somali and Urdu.
There are 3 versions of this application available for a monthly subscription fee:
- Mobile Text Translator ($5/month)
- Mobile SMS Translator ($9.99/month)
- Mobile Email Translator ($11.99/month)
Interlecta Translator will work on any BlackBerry with OS 4.2 and higher.
Interlecta™, a world leader in translation and messaging technologies, presents its upgraded translation software featuring Text-to-Speech and Image Translation capabilities
Interlecta™ Translator is now available for BlackBerry® smartphones providing a truly powerful tool for translating text, SMS and email. New extras have been incorporated such as translating text directly from an image and Text-to-Speech (TTS), which provides voice playback of translations spoken by a native speaker. Unrivalled speed of translation and the highest levels of translation accuracy make the Interlecta Translator an indispensable mobile communication tool.
With industry-leading translation accuracy on BlackBerry smartphones, users can translate typed text, and incoming or outgoing SMS and email messages directly on the display. Interlecta offers a rapidly growing list of over 36 languages to translate on your smartphone. Translation accuracy is further enhanced by selecting specialized topic dialogue dictionaries such as for computers, business, law, medicine, etc.
In addition to Interlecta’s text, SMS and email translation, upgraded innovations have been incorporated including Image Translation, employing Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, and Speech Translation using Text-To-Speech (TTS).
- The Image Translation functionality recognizes and extracts the text from a photo, taken with the camera on a BlackBerry smartphone, and then translates it into a language of the user’s choice.
- The Text-to-Speech feature allows the server-side generation of speech that is then sent back to the smartphone and pronounced clearly in the voice of a native speaker.
- The actual translation is executed in a sub-second response time on Interlecta’s remote and powerful servers. The application makes for a highly accurate, very light multilingual communication tool users can carry in their pocket.
With Interlecta, it is now possible to connect quickly and effectively with foreign business partners, employees, service subscribers and friends. Messaging and translation expertise at your fingertips enables global enterprise communication and collaboration across multilingual borders.
Interlecta’s translation application comes with an extendable library of languages, with additions made on a regular basis. These include the world’s most frequently used Latin European languages, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese as well as rare languages including Pushtu, Tagalog, Somali and Urdu.
Established in 2007 by a seasoned development team with extensive experience in machine translation and messaging, Interlecta is based in Bulgaria and employs a dynamic team of coding and linguistic professionals from one of the country’s most renowned universities, the St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo. The company develops messaging and translation solutions for mobile devices covering all platforms including: BlackBerry® solution, J2ME, Symbian, iPhone and Android operating systems.
As a full-service MT development enterprise, Interlecta’s markets include travel, hospitality, trade, customer service, virtual team management and social networking worldwide. The company’s innovative technology incorporates modular concepts and allows effortless integration applicable to various domains.
Over the past year, Interlecta has been awarded the TOP INNOVATOR position at the Mobile Innovation Global Awards at the GSMA Mobile Innovation Contest in Barcelona and was selected as first Runner Up in the 2008 Nokia “Mobile Rules” Enterprise Application Contest. Recent participation as a BlackBerry® ISV Alliance member at Research In Motion’s (RIM) booth at the 2009 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona allowed us to present our most recent upgrades to the Interlecta Translation Server product suite.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...