* UPDATE Follow @BlackBerryRocks on Twitter for updates or send me a tweet for help. If you send me an email for help please include your BlackBerry model and OS version.
It has come to my attention that the Curve 8300 series OTA link may work for the Pearl 8100 and 8800 series. Install at your own risk. MAKE BACKUPS! *
BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 was first revealed to use about a month ago and then again yesterday with some new features. It looks like the guys over at BBOS were lucky enough to get their hands on BBM 5.0 for a few BlackBerry devices and were nice enough to share it with everyone.
Links updated as of 7/19/09 at 10:55PM EST.
- Download BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 for your BlackBerry (ZIP for desktop installation):
- BlackBerry Messenger files (ZIP for desktop installation):
- OTA links (thanks @prp2)
- Alternative OTA links #1 (thanks 0mie):
- Alternative OTA links #2 (thanks John Bergoon)
- Alternative OTA links #3 (thanks britishturbo):
- Alternative OTA links #4
- Alternative OTA links #5 (thanks BESMgmt)
- Alternative OTA links #6 (thanks SmartphoneNation)
- How To:
A few people have been reporting issues about losing contacts. This is why I have the REMEMBER reminder below. It is VERY important that you make a backup of all your data before doing any kind up installation where beta software is involved.
If you are having problems with BBM 5.0:
- Do a battery pull (reset)
- Try re-downloading BBM 5.0
- If all else fails, reinstall your original BBM by connecting your BlackBerry to your PC and running the Application Loader in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Make sure your current OS is installed on your PC. You can find an OS for your BlackBerry in the Mini Directory.
REMEMBER: Install at your own risk. Always make backups before making major changes/upgrades/downgrades to your BlackBerry.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...