If you’ve ever wonder exactly how accurate your service provider coverage maps were and even doubted them at times, by installing the iblipped BlackBerry app you will be able to provide cell coverage in your area to iblipped, which they then use to update their coverage map (like the one seen above).
The app doesn’t actually have a coverage map since it’s just meant to gather data, and because of this may use up your battery more quickly since it uses GPS and data to connect to the iblipped servers. Of course you don’t always have to have the app turned on, and having a car charger may help if you have it on while traveling.
- Works for both CDMA and UMTS carriers
- Signal Strength mapping using GPS
- Time or Distance based based recording
- Ability to halt/resume gathering
- Displays cell site information
- Upload signal strength to a website for analysis
- Uploading data through email.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...