I’m not sure how legit this pic is but @roblaguna let me know that @jmatuk Tweeted a photo of what is supposedly RIM’s native, official BlackBerry Twitter client. Still no official word from RIM about it but here’s what the rumored features are so far:
- Notification of number of new tweets on the home screen with icon, like text messages
- Main app opens friends timeline
- Ability to view followers
- Follow/unfollow functions
- Create direct messages, replies and new tweets
- Keyword search and saved results
- Tweet photos directly from camera or memory card
- View photos from other tweets
- View trending topics
- Address book integration
The native BlackBerry Twitter client is now said to be launching in February (next month). Until RIM officially announces it consider all of this a rumor, but since February is right around the corner we don’t have long to wait and see if it’s the real deal. According to some of @jmatuk’s Tweets and @roblaguna, the Twitter client was mentioned at a BlackBerry Bold 9700 launch event for Telcel in Mexico.
Big thanks to Rob for the heads up! Has anyone else seen or heard anything about the official BlackBerry Twitter client? What do you think of the client so far as it’s seen in the photo above? Without seeing it in action I think it’s looking pretty good.