My buddy @Stiefler07 let me know that the guys over at BBLeaks got their hands on what appears to be leaked images of a QWERTY slider BlackBerry smartphone. Last week we heard that this rumored device supposedly evolved from the Magnum/Dakota and might be running OS 6.0 upon launch. Last September we heard that this device would possibly be codenamed “Mr. T“.
Here’s a recap of this device’s rumored features:
- It’s a portrait-oriented slider. While most people assume a device with slideout keyboard would end up being something like HTC’s devices, we’ve been told this particular handset is more like the Palm Pre in terms of layout.
- The phone will run BlackBerry OS 6.0
- The rumored device will 100% support Wi-Fi 802.11n
- The resolution unfortunately has not improved, it is still 360×480.
- No word on if this will have a touch screen, but we’d assume so, and our source alluded to this possibly being what the rumored BlackBerry Magnum/Dakota evolved into. Not saying there won’t be a Bold-like device with touchscreen, optical trackpad, and physical keyboard, but this might be released first.
- If it does have a touch screen, this could in fact be the mythical BlackBerry Storm slider — picture a Storm 9520 with a slide up Bold-esque keyboard.
- The phone will not be a Verizon exclusive — it’s supposed to be a GSM/HSPA device.
So what do you all think? Is this device the real deal or should we call fake? If it’s fake they did a pretty good job but in my opinion, I see why this device would be scrapped. It sounded interesting conceptually but in actuality, it doesn’t look all to great. Oh yeah, why is there a Trackpad if it’s a touchscreen? This is one confused BlackBerry…
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...