My buddy @Stiefler07 let me know that the guys over at BBLeaks got their hands on what appears to be leaked images of a QWERTY slider BlackBerry smartphone. Last week we heard that this rumored device supposedly evolved from the Magnum/Dakota and might be running OS 6.0 upon launch. Last September we heard that this device would possibly be codenamed “Mr. T“.
Here’s a recap of this device’s rumored features:
- It’s a portrait-oriented slider. While most people assume a device with slideout keyboard would end up being something like HTC’s devices, we’ve been told this particular handset is more like the Palm Pre in terms of layout.
- The phone will run BlackBerry OS 6.0
- The rumored device will 100% support Wi-Fi 802.11n
- The resolution unfortunately has not improved, it is still 360×480.
- No word on if this will have a touch screen, but we’d assume so, and our source alluded to this possibly being what the rumored BlackBerry Magnum/Dakota evolved into. Not saying there won’t be a Bold-like device with touchscreen, optical trackpad, and physical keyboard, but this might be released first.
- If it does have a touch screen, this could in fact be the mythical BlackBerry Storm slider — picture a Storm 9520 with a slide up Bold-esque keyboard.
- The phone will not be a Verizon exclusive — it’s supposed to be a GSM/HSPA device.
So what do you all think? Is this device the real deal or should we call fake? If it’s fake they did a pretty good job but in my opinion, I see why this device would be scrapped. It sounded interesting conceptually but in actuality, it doesn’t look all to great. Oh yeah, why is there a Trackpad if it’s a touchscreen? This is one confused BlackBerry…