A few days ago I let you guys know that BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express (BESX) was made available by RIM as a free download. A video guide on how to install BESX was found online. Here’s a reminder of what BESX is about:
Connect two people via BlackBerry® smartphones and ideas get bigger. Progress happens faster. Answers get smarter. So imagine what happens when you give a business the freedom to connect all its employees.
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started with the BlackBerry solution. It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan.
Here’s a summary of the tasks that the video walks you through:
- Verify that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express can be installed in your organization.
- Check the hardware requirements.
- Check the software requirements.
- Create a Windows account and mailbox for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
- Configure the messaging server.
- Configure the computer that will host the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
- Configure the database server.
- Run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express setup application.
- Test the installation.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...