I recently got an email from Jawbone letting me know that there were updates available for my Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headset. These updates include A2DP and a new, single-touch volume control feature. The ICON Hero is by far the best Bluetooth headset I’ve ever owned and with MyTALK, a free Jawbone customization site for ICON owners, it’s even better. Here are the details from the email:
- A2DP | Listen To Music And More
- A2DP allows you to listen to music and podcasts, hear turn-by-turn directions, or other streaming audio through your Jawbone ICON.
- It’s a pretty cool feature that just might change the way you use your Jawbone ICON.
- New Volume Control
- You can now control your call volume from your Jawbone ICON.
- While using A2DP or on a call, PRESS and HOLD the TALK BUTTON and the volume level will cycle up and down. When you find the most comfortable volume level, release the button and your volume will be set.
In order to use these features your BlackBerry must support A2DP and according to the MyTALK site, the models that currently support it are the Curve, Bold and Tour. I’ve tested each feature out on my Bold 9700 and while the music isn’t as loud as I’d like it to be, they work great.
All of the MyTALK customizations are free unless they require an account from an external site like Jott or Dial2Do. If you’re looking to get a new Bluetooth headset I highly recommend the Jawbone ICON, available in the store for $96.95 in 6 different models. Once you pick one up you can check out MyTALK and the free updates at mytalk.jawbone.com.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...