I haven’t written up too many guides lately so I decided to make a “quick guide” for how to get emails to automatically load in full HTML. This guide is meant for BlackBerry devices running OS 5.0 since I did it according to the settings of my Bold 9700, but others with an HTML email capable device can still use it.
I’ve been asked a few times by friends and family, especially those with multiple email addresses. They would say they enabled HTML emails but sometimes get prompted to enabled it again, a common misunderstanding. Each email must be set up individually to automatically allow loading of emails in HTML. Here are the steps on how to do this:
- Open your Messages BlackBerry application. This icon will most likely look like an envelope and have all your emails.
- Open the menu, then go to Options.
- In the Message Options menu go to Email Settings and select it. While in Email Settings note the first drop down menu titles Message Services. This drop down holds each of your emails. If you have multiple email addresses you will need to apply the following steps to each of them, if not you only need to do it once.
- Once you have selected the email address you’d like to change the settings for, scroll down to Enable HTML Email and Download Images Automatically, set these to Yes.
- Scroll down to Confirm External Image Download, set it to No. (Note: If this option is enabled you will be informed that by downloading external images, you may expose your current address. Only disable this if you are ok with that but if you don’t, you will have to confirm it every time you want an HTML email to fully load. With it off you can skip this warning.)
- Back out and save your changes. That’s it!
One more note, you will still have to select “Get Images” from the menu to load images but all other HTML elements should load fine. You will need to do this only once for each email sender, after that it should load their emails with images automatically. Let me know if you found this guide helpful or if you think it’s missing something in the comments!