A few weeks ago I posted about some leaked information regarding the rumored BlackBerry Shield (BBS) application and service. Piotr over at BBNews.pl scored some more info about BBS including which devices will be supported at launch and some features:
- Equipment and systems supported by the BBS at the start:
- Bold 9700 (5.0)
- Storm 2 95xx (5.0)
- Curve 8900 (4.6)
- Bold 9000 (4.6/5.0)
- Storm 1 95xx (4.7/5.0)
- Tour 9630 (4.7)
- Curve 85xx (4.6/5.0)
- The program can be downloaded for free from the AppWorld
- Not a final determination has been made yet on the availability of the software to users that do not have the full version of the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS-B). At the moment it will be available ONLY for subscribers of the above service.
- BES Users will not be able to use BBShield
- Page address, from which we get access to settings and other functions from a PC: blackberry.com / shield
- The backup contacts will also include pictures of the persons assigned to
- BlackBerry Shield will use the same ID as the new version (2.0) BlackBerry App World
- With BBS, we can remotely turn on the GPS device, so you can pinpoint a device much more closely
- It is not possible backup media
- For one account, we can hook up the BlackBerry Shield up to 5 devices
Some of the features we mentioned before were remote device wipe, remote backup/restore, display a message, audio alerts, remote password and remote tracking. BlackBerry Shield will definitely be a great application to have with all the features we’ve heard about so far.
Once it’s available, will you use it? If you don’t have a BIS plan now would you get one to be able to use BlackBerry Shield?