Info for BlackBerry Protect (formerly known as BlackBerry Shield) has leaked a few times already with no official details but thanks to an email from RIM and a post over at Inside BlackBerry, we now have some! Key BlackBerry Protect features include:
- Remote Device Management:
- Protect important information on a lost BlackBerry smartphone by remotely wiping or locking the device from your desktop
- Remotely add contact information to the home screen of a locked BlackBerry smartphone so it can be returned if found
- See your BlackBerry smartphone’s location and pinpoint the current whereabouts of a lost or stolen device with cell tower and GPS device tracking
- Find a nearby misplaced BlackBerry smartphone by remotely activating a loud ringer
- Over the Air (OTA) Backup and Restore:
- Back up data from your BlackBerry smartphone (including Contacts and Calendar; Memos and Tasks; Browser Bookmarks and Text Messages) over Wi-Fi
- Restore your data to a new BlackBerry smartphone, or simply switch from one BlackBerry smartphone to another
BlackBerry Protect is now in private beta and expected to be available as a limited beta later this week in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. I’ve included the official screenshots of the app after the jump. For more details be sure to check out the Inside BlackBerry blog post and read up on Douglas’ conversation with Michael Accettura, Product Manager for BlackBerry Protect.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...