Earlier today I sent out a tweet containing the BlackBerry symbol. A few of you asked how I did it so I decided to write-up a Quick Guide on how to get it into Twitter tweets, display names and bios. Lots of BlackBerry Twitter apps allow you to edit your profile so that makes getting the BlackBerry symbol into your profile easier, but maybe some of you prefer using the mobile Twitter website. This Quick Guide will show you how to get the symbol into your Twitter profile or tweets through both apps and the Twitter website.
Note: Not all BlackBerry Twitter apps allow you to edit your profile. If you have one that doesn’t, try the Twitter website method. The instructions for inserting the BlackBerry symbol through an app are not specific to any app so the steps/options may vary.
Through the Twitter website:
- Make sure you have the BlackBerry symbol either copied or use an application like Fancy Characters. If you don’t want to use the app you can copy the symbol from @BlackBerryRocks‘ Twitter stream or @Code_Rocker‘s profile bio.
- Open your BlackBerry Browser and change the browser identification to Firefox. Separate guide for this step here.
- Clear your browser’s Cookies/Cache to avoid loading the Twitter website’s mobile version. Separate guide for this step here.
- Go to twitter.com and sign into your profile.
- At the top of the Twitter website go to Settings.
- While in the Settings screen click on the Profile button.
- Now that you’re in the Profile menu you can insert the BlackBerry symbol into the field of your choice including Name, Location, Web (might not work) and Bio.
- Paste or use Fancy Characters to insert the BlackBerry symbol.
- Save your options at the bottom.
Through a Twitter application (app used in screenshot is the official Twitter for BlackBerry):
- This method is a lot easier/faster. Simply open the Twitter application of choice and go to your Profile.
- Open the menu or select the available option to Edit your profile.
- Once in the edit screen you can choose where you’d like to insert the BlackBerry symbol.
- Scroll to the field you’d like to insert the symbol and either Paste it or insert it using Fancy Characters.
- Save your changes.
Now go show BlackBerry some love and proudly show off the symbol in your profile!
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...