RIM just sent me an email with some helpful tips for BlackBerry users running OS 6 on their device. Whether this was a previously planned email or a response to complaints about not being able to control with panes are visible on the Home Screen, they’re still useful:
- To automatically launch Universal Search, start typing or select the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the home screen
- To add an icon to the Favorites view, select the icon and press and hold the trackpad, then click on Mark as Favorite from the pop-up menu
- For quick access to Manage Connections, Alarm and Options screens, select the top of the Home Screen
- To easily view your most recent messages (such as email, text, BlackBerry® Messenger), phone calls, upcoming appointments, Facebook® and Twitter® notifications simply select the Notification Bar directly below the clock on the Home Screen
- To easily access your contacts, you can add them to the Home Screen:
- In the Contacts application, highlight the contact you want to add
- Press the Menu key
- Select Add to Home Screen, then Add
Also from the email:
BlackBerry 6, the new BlackBerry operating system, is available on the BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry Style, BlackBerry Bold 9780 and now the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Curve 3G from Verizon Wireless. For a free download of BlackBerry 6 for your BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Curve 3G for Verizon Wireless, visit www.blackberry.com/update.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...