Evernote recently updated their application for BlackBerry smartphones with some much-needed changes. For those of you that aren’t familiar with it, Evernote is basically a super notebook that allows you to record text and audio notes, pictures, upload files and more. Here are the changes in version 3.1.286:
- Shiny, new home screen
- We’re excited to introduce a new home screen on Evernote for BlackBerry. This layout, which we first launched in Evernote for Android, makes significantly better use of screen real estate. The result: a more friendly, easier to use interface. As before, you’re able to create text notes, snap a photo and record audio. In addition, you can now attach items from your BlackBerry’s file system to a new note–if you’re a Premium Subscriber, you can attach any file you like.
- More powerful search
- The new search bar is designed to perform triple duty. First, it lets you perform standard Evernote searches. Second, as you type, a list forms beneath the search bar with tags and notebook names for quick filtering. Third, it shows your recent and Saved Searches, so you can execute them without typing a thing.
- And more…
- Significant performance improvements when launching, viewing and searching
- Improved support for BlackBerry networking technologies
- Better support for BlackBerry Curve 9300 and BlackBerry Torch
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
I’ve requested for a while now that the Evernote app’s home screen gets touched up, I’m glad they finally got around to it. For more info go to evernote.com or to download the update check it out in the BlackBerry App World.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...