Finally! BlackBerry Protect has been in the works since July of last year but today RIM has officially launched it with support for many devices in many countries. With this app you can lock, locate or wipe your BlackBerry from wherever you are as well as do a few other things:
- Can’t find your BlackBerry? Go to blackberry.com/protect to
- Locate it on a map
- Set a password and lock it to protect your information
- Wipe all the contents
- Make your BlackBerry ring loudly to help find it
- Display a message on the homescreen instructing whoever finds it on how to return it
- Wireless Backup and Restore
- Wirelessly back up contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, browser bookmarks, and text messages
- Automatically back up daily, weekly, or monthly
- Wirelessly restore your backed up data when switching to a new BlackBerry
- Save on data usage by:
- Only backing up information that has changed from the previous backup (incremental backups)
- Only backing up over WiFi
- Preventing backup while roaming
BlackBerry Protect is available as a free download for all users on supported BlackBerry data plans. Unfortunately it looks like the app won’t work if you’re on BES or BES Express. For more info and to download BlackBerry Protect go to blackberry.com/protect or search for it in the BlackBerry App World.
This is an open beta so make sure you backup your device before installing this app. Let me know what you think in the comments!
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...