The BlackBerry Internet Service outage continues! RIM today held a conference call at 3PM EST to offer those interested with more info on the internet outage. Yesterday I let you know about the service outage in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, today the outage spread to the United States and Canada. There are many upset BlackBerry users, many of you voicing your concerns in our comments or on Twitter and Facebook with “BlackBerry” trending on Twitter for a few hours already. If you’re wondering what’s going on, here are some highlights from the conference call:
- The outage was caused by a core switch failure on Monday in Europe.
- A large backlog of messages has been generated because of EMEA outage.
- The growing backlog caused service interruptions for users in the United States and Canada.
- This outage was not caused by a hack or hacker(s).
- Global teams are working around the clock to resolve the problems but no timeline has been established.
- There are no plans to compensate BlackBerry users for the downtime.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...