RIM is champing at the bit to release BB 10 new smartphone models around 1st quarter of 2013. Apart from BB’s loyal fans, who are undoubtedly excited as the release is nearing, iPhone users and Android-based smartphone users too are also curious to see what RIM has to offer this time.
Lately, there has been a lot of comparison going on between contemporary mobile phones and people are taking more interest in expressing their wish-list for upcoming phones.
Earlier it was WPCentral team that got an access to the beta version of Windows Phone 8 SDK. Currently, they are completely occupied with exploring this beta version and have taken a step further by involving others. They put up an online discussion regarding the features, which users would like to see in upcoming Windows Phone 8 SDK.
After that, iMore decided to follow the suit of WPCentral team and ran a discussion online asking users, who are using devices running on iOS, what are the features that they find missing in iOS and what features they would like Apple to work on in its upcoming iOS. iMore was caught by surprise when it was found that most of the features on user’s wish-lists are the ones which exist in Blackberry.
Some of these features include:
- Proper Bedside Mode – Users now expect something more than the basic ‘Do Not Disturb’ setting.
- Sufficient Notification Light – LCD screen of Blackberry is comparatively much better that iOS screen pixels.
- More Spontaneous / Actual Multitasking – Implementation of the iOS app switcher object by Apple fails to impress.
- Enhanced Support for Apps Related to 3rd Party in Order to Update Data in the Backdrop – iOS doesn’t offer good experience related to 3rd party apps as a user has to ‘refresh’ the data in case he wants to go back to the app. It really gets irritating when user finds out that the apps are no more activated after 10 minutes.
- A Modernized UI with Gestures Sans Home Button – iOS badly requires a face-lifting as its overall form factor now looks outdated and the need of pressing home button again and again gets to the nerves of its users.
- Snooze on Calendar Events – Apple really needs to add something more advanced in this particular segment.
Comments from users give an impression that former BB users, who switched over from BB to iPhone, are regretting their decision.
There is no doubt that when it comes to innovation and sophisticated form factor, Apple takes the lead but at the end of the day, not everyone is satiated by classy and chic appearance of mobile phones. Most of the users look for functionality especially professionals from corporate world and that’s where Blackberry appears to take the lead.
RIM possesses many strengths and that’s one reason why people expect so much from this company. RIM has identified its weakness and it is determined to overcome the flaws related to features and technology. The way RIM has developed its new OS and new BB 10 smartphones, it appears that they might turn out to be the feast for the eyes.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...