The wait is finally over. The new BB10 has succeeded in entering the markets with its new OS accompanied with a whopping 70,000 + apps. The BB 10 series included Z10 (touch screen), and Q10 (touch and type). But it still managed to leave its users wanting for more. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of the new offerings by BlackBerry.
- Apps like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter have been made OS 10 supportive along with many others like The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Economist, ooVoo
- The major highlight, however, has been the entry of Skype to the world of smart phones through BB10
- This entry would give the users a crisp Skype experience that they have always longed for.
- The gamers though have nothing to miss out on. The devices are loaded with hundreds of games. The popular ones being four Rovio titles including the Angry Birds series, Where’s My Water, Fruit Ninja HD, Batman and many more.
- The biggest plus point of the new BB is that they provide the most competitive collections of TV shows, music and movies at the lowest prices.
- It failed to include many apps which would otherwise have worked for the better. For e.g. instead of including Youtube as an app, it has left its users to operate it as a general browser which surely disappoints.
- Similar is the story for Multimedia apps like Netflix and Hulu which too have not been included.
- On the plus side, it has Instagram ready for the new version of BB. There is still some kind of dilemma whether the social networking service can be easily accessed or ported to the new devices or not.
- Many Blackberry Playbook apps fail to attract people in terms of their looks as well as their functionality. This is mostly seen in terms of defects in the button positioning etc.
- Content from BB World can be downloaded only up to 5 devices which act as a major storage restriction.
- The games are several but the question is – are they really enough?
Competition is intense for the new entrant especially by the ace players like Apple and Google. Each of these players boasts of being well endowed with more and better quality of apps than BB10. Even the Windows Phone is not far behind. Hence, BB10 is a wake up call for Blackberry to look more into its development and make full use of the success of iOS and Android for its own benefit and learn from them.
There is Always a Room for Improvement
Though BB 10 might have a few pitfalls but its makers are not losing heart and are conveying the same to its users. The company promises to remove all the technical barriers which prohibit BB 10 to have an edge over other players.
BB10 has launched with a big bang but BlackBerry needs to work very hard to remain popular in the minds of the developers, especially in terms of their apps.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...