It seems that Samsung has just gone the Apple way. It has created another device with minor changes in the previous one. Bigger is not always better. And with only 0.5 inches smaller than Galaxy Note 2, the S4 certainly stands true on that. Here are a few features of Galaxy S4:
• The phone has a 2.5G, 3G and 4G compatible network system. These can work on a maximum of six band sets. This, however, will differ from market to market.
• It sports a 5 inches full high-definition AMOLED display (1920 x 1080), 441 ppi.
• The processor can be a quad-core 1.9 GHz or octa-core 1.6 GHz processor. This, again, will depend on the market.
• Works on the ‘Jelly Bean’ Android OS.
• It sports a 13 MP front camera with auto focus and zero shutter lag. It also has a 2 MP front camera with full high definition recording at 30 fps.
• For connectivity, it has a Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR LED (can be used as a remote control) and MHL 2.0
• It also has an accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, proximity sensor, gyro sensor, barometer, humidity and temperature sensor, gesture recognition and RGB light sensor.
• It has a RAM of 2 GB
• Internal storage of 16, 32 and 64 GB. Can be extended up to 64 GB using microSD card.
Even with all these features, the S4 has failed to improve the user experience of the S3. Many people were hoping for something bigger (in terms of features) from Samsung’s stable. But it has just added a few features in the S3 and presented it with a bigger screen. Being the leader in phones for Android, Samsung could have done a lot better this time around. However, it will be spending billions of dollars to promote and market the product. This will ensure that competition from other competitors can be countered.
The few new features that have been added are not much appealing too. The ‘Smart Pause’, for example, may turn out to be the least used feature in the device. Also, why would I just not use my finger to scroll down? The Smart Scroll would also fit in the same list as Smart Pause. These are very small features that do not differentiate S4 from the S3. The bigger question, while comparing it with BB, is the user experience.
BlackBerry has innovated and attracted the customer with its new OS. The new apps and features have taken user experience to another level. Even the touch screen, which is not a regular feature in BB, has been crafted exquisitely. Only a couple of gestures can let you switch between different things on your phone. The Peek and Hub are proprietary features. And it does not have an average plastic cover like the S3 and S4. This is why the Z10 wins over S4 hands down!
Simply put, BlackBerry is not interested in frills. It believes in delivering what is important for the user. The Samsung Mail uses smart gestures. However, Samsung Mail is not liked and used much. BlackBerry’s services, on the other hand, are even better than that of Apple. But still, with the huge marketing budget, the S4 will find its way into many homes.
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...