RIM today officially announced the released of BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7.0. According to their announcement, this version is “designed to link users’ data, media files, and applications on a BlackBerry smartphone or a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet with a user’s computer”. Here are the features for 7.0:
- Synchronize your media files (music, pictures, and videos)
- Back up and restore your data
- Update your BlackBerry Device Software or BlackBerry Tablet OS
- Transfer your settings and data to a new smartphone or new tablet
- Manage multiple smartphones and tablets
You can also do the following using your BlackBerry smartphone:
- Synchronize your organizer data (calendar entries, contacts, tasks, and memos)
- Manage and update your smartphone applications
- Use your smartphone as a modem to connect to the Internet from your computer
For more info and to download BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0 go to blackberry.com/desktop or check out some links to useful knowledge base articles related to this update below.
- Unable to configure Desktop Software 7.0 to synchronize with Outlook
- How synchronization filters function during two way synchronization
- When synchronizing future appointments entries sometimes appointments in the past may be transferred
- When configuring synchronization a prompt informs you that no Microsoft Outlook profiles have been c…
- When configuring PIM synchronization for Lotus Notes field mappings and filter options appear blank
- After synchronization with Lotus Notes contacts without a last name may have the first name placed i…
- Information is transferred to desktop mail client when “Create separate entries for conflicting data…
Share the love
Get free updates and win BlackBerry prizes
People Who Liked This Article Also Liked...
Related Posts From Forum... Have Your Say!
This section is coming soon...